Monday, March 30, 2009

Mt. Sinai Revival (Pickens, SC) Going into 9th Week!

Hey everyone!

So many folks have been able to attend one or more of these wonderful meetings! I just wanted to let you all know that they are in their 9th week this week! I have received a few notes from some of the members (they've seen my blog). Each one is so excited to be a part of this moving of the Holy Spirit! Here's a portion of today's email, from a member who has been at Mt. Sinai for 20 years:

"This is the most amazing Revival I have ever been in.. we have had many, but we have never seen God settle in like this... We are more than Honored. For the first 4 weeks it was like we were all just in a daze. Now we are going into our 9th week and its like we just started. Everyone is just so excited to get to Church and after the service is over no one wants to go leave.. I have heard and read about those kind of Revivals but never thought I would be in the middle of one. This far 109 souls have been saved, 8 called to preach, 1 to the mission field. and countless folks have got help. I run into people everywhere who tell me how the Lord has just revived their soul. praise God. One of our young men was reading in pslams and God gave him this verse.

Psalms:118:23: This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes."

The theme song they've been using for their revival services is "God's Been Good" and these are the words, in case you've never heard it:

God's Been Good!

Verse 1
Lately I've been looking back, along this winding road
To the old familiar markers of the mercies I have known
I know it may sound simple but it's more than a cliche
There's no better way to tell you, than to say

Chorus
God's been good in my life
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night
And though I've had my share of hard times, I wouldn't change them if I could
'Cause through it all, God's been good

Verse 2
Times replay and I can see that I've cried some bitter tears
But I felt His arms around me, as I faced my greatest fears
You see I've had more gains than losses and I've known more joy than hurt
As His grace rolled down upon me undeserved

Bridge
For God has been my Father, my Savior and my Friend
His love was my beginning, and His love will be my end
I could spend forever trying to tell you everything He is
But the best that I can say it is this

Chorus
God's been good in my life
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night
And though I've had my share of hard times, I wouldn't change them if I could
'Cause through it all, God's been good.

1 comment:

bethany duncan said...

this revival made me what i am today thanks for the remider of how good GOD is and Mt. Sinai my home church is still doing good