Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Help - I'm burried alive in filing!

Ugh. I HAD to clean up my office space - couldn't even move around in here. So I found the floor - and now I have to do my least favorite job: file. It just seems I have too much paperwork!

I have to get the filing done fast as my new articles are starting to trickle in! I'm editing articles for a new magazine (it comes out three times a year and it's really beautiful. It's called Seasons at Home, and it's published by Theresa Powers. This will be the 4th issue, I believe.) And, in this particular issue, Elly will have an article on why she has chosen to be a stay-at-home maiden, doing businesses from home instead of choosing college and a career. Also, one of the guys scheduled to write an astronomy article had to back out at the last minute, so my dear hubby is trying his hand at writing an article to fill it in! Of course, I'll be "cleaning up" both of their articles and making them pretty, but I'm excited they both have an opportunity to see their name in print! ;-) I will probably copy and paste their articles here so everyone else can read them.

So...if no one hears from me for the next couple of days, you might want to look in the office. Feel free to send down bread and water to the bottom of the pile - I'll be wallowing around down there somewhere...trying to climb out...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your funny!
Don't forget to copy your family members 'writings' here. I'm curious to read. Which reminds me, Marlee (still) has not given me her copy of your book-may I have my own?
(Another reminder ;)I read your published thoughts from the Greenville News- dated June 13, 2008-VERY good, I totally agree!