Friday, January 1, 2010

Thinking I'll keep this blog active...

I'm going to be posting a HUGE blog report regarding my unsuccessful attempts to correct a situation with the Golden Strip Career Center in Greenville County, SC. However, I'm waiting until January 15, when Alyssa will be officially done with the class. That time period also gives two weeks to the school for someone to either tell me who to appeal to or grant Alyssa and the other students the credits they earned.

Keep posted...it will be very illuminating to see what happens.

All I can say is, I am not a quiet, sit by and let things go parent...so if that's what the school is hoping will happen, they are sadly mistaken.

So far, I have contacted the teacher, the guidance counselor, a liason at Greenville Tech, the VP at Greenville Tech, the Hillcrest PTA, and the SBTEC. Next stops include the Board of Education, our state representative, and local radio and newspapers. Someone is going to listen and make sure this situation doesn't happen again. And hopefully I will draw attention for the parents and students who are being affected and apparently have no voice.

And people wonder why we homeschool.....

No comments: